Information about Nonsuch High School for Girls
Entrance criteria and school links
Nonsuch High School for Girls and the 11plus in Sutton (Selective Eligibility Test)
Nonsuch High School for Girls Entrance Criteria
(DfE number 319 5401)
Address: Ewell Road, Cheam, SM3 8AB
Telephone: 020 8394 3400
Fax: 020 8394 3401
Head Teacher: Ms A Cavilla
Open Evening Dates: Please refer to the school website or contact the school directly
Test Date: Selective Eligibility Test (SET) – 11 November 2020
For those eligible, the Nonsuch and Wallington Second Stage
Entrance Examination (NWSSEE) – 28 November 2020
Places available for September 2021: 210
Applications received for September 2020: 910
Number of girls who sat the SET for 2020: 2630
Number of girls who sat the NWSSEE for 2020: 1059
Nonsuch High School for Girls is a selective grammar school. There are approximately 1400 pupils in the school. Places are allocated to those pupils who are of selective ability in the following summarised order of priority:
1. Looked After Children and previously Looked After Children who achieve the pass mark or above in the entrance tests or whose score is up to 10% lower than the pass mark for the SET and the minimum standardised pass marks in the NWSSEE
Maths and NWSSEE English.
2. 85 places on the basis of score in the entrance tests in order of highest score, irrespective of home address.
3. Up to 35 places for Children in receipt of Pupil Premium who achieve the pass mark or above in the entrance tests or whose score is up to 10% lower than the pass mark for the SET and the minimum standardised pass marks in the NWSSEE Maths and NWSSEE English by rank order irrespective of address.
4. Up to 110 places linked to our catchment area circle. This will be in order of highest score to those whose permanent place of residence is 5.25 km or less from the front door of Nonsuch measured in a straight line. The address to be used in the initial allocation of places will be the address on 31 October 2020 unless a subsequent move has been accepted for allocation purposes.
5. 15 ring-fenced places in order of highest score to those whose permanent place of residence on 31 October 2020 is such that their parent/carer pays/would pay their Council Tax to the London Borough of Sutton.
In the event of a tie for the final place under criteria in 2, 3, 4 and 5, places will be allocated according to proximity to the school, measured in a straight line with those living nearest gaining the highest priority.
Applicants for this school are required to complete the Selective Eligibility Test registration form available on any of the participating school’s websites (Nonsuch High School for Girls, Wallington High School for Girls, Greenshaw High School, Sutton Grammar School, Wilsons School, Wallington County Grammar School).
In order to sit the test on 11 November 2020, the Selective Eligibility Test registration form must have been submitted by midnight on 14 August 2020.
The outcome of the Selective Eligibility Test will be sent by email to parents. Those deemed selective will be invited back to sit the Nonsuch and Wallington Second Stage Entrance Examination (NWSSEE). However, success in the entrance test does not automatically mean that your child will be offered a place at the school because each year, more children pass the test than there are places available.
If your child does not pass the test, she will not be eligible for a place at the school.
Further Information - Your child’s Head Teacher will be able to answer most questions.
** This information is provided for guidance only and while the content is, to the best of our knowledge, accurate we cannot be held in any way responsible for any errors or omissions that it may contain. Please contact your LA or chosen grammar school for all admission and elevenplus exam queries.**