Information about Greenshaw High School
Entrance criteria and school links
Greenshaw High School and the 11plus in Sutton (Selective Eligibility Test)
Greenshaw High School Entrance Criteria
(DfE number 319 4007)
Address: Grennell Road, Sutton, SM1 3DY
Telephone: 020 8715 1001
Head Teacher: Mr N House
Open Evening Date: Please refer to the school website or contact the school directly
Ability Test Date: 11 November 2020
Places available for September 2021: 314
Applications received for September 2020: 2300
Greenshaw High School is a mixed comprehensive school for children aged 11-19 with approximately 1825 pupils. Of the 314 places available for the September 2021 intake, 60 are offered on the basis of ability. Where the school is oversubscribed places will be allocated in the following order of priority:
1. Looked After Children and previously Looked After Children.
2. Where there are professionally supported medical reasons or exceptional social reasons
3. 60 places are offered on the basis of ability, priority being given to those scoring highest in the test. Where there are two or more pupils on the same score, pupils will be ranked according to distance. Only applicants who wish to apply for an ability place must complete the Greenshaw online registration form. Please see page 7 for more details on supplementary forms.
4. Children of permanent staff where:
• The member of staff has been employed at Greenshaw High School for two or more consecutive years; or
• The member of staff has been recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage
5. Where there will be an older brother or sister at the school at the time of the younger child's admission.
6. Proximity to the school from the pupil's home address, the distance measured in a straight line to the main entrance of the school building, with those living closer to the school receiving the higher priority. The address to be used in the initial allocation of places will be the address on 31 October 2020 unless a subsequent move has been accepted for allocation purposes (see page 18 for more details).
Where two or more applicants share priority for a place, the child to be allocated will be determined by the drawing of lots.
Distance offered under criterion 6 for the last three years:
Further Information - Your child’s Head Teacher will be able to answer most questions.
** This information is provided for guidance only and while the content is, to the best of our knowledge, accurate we cannot be held in any way responsible for any errors or omissions that it may contain. Please contact your LA or chosen grammar school for all admission and elevenplus exam queries.**